We have an exciting opportunity to add a Scanning Technician to our team because of our continued business growth. The Scanning technician is responsible for capturing data on sites throughout GTA, Ontario and across Canada and US.
Why join our team?
- Competitive compensation
- Medical and dental benefits
- Lots of opportunity to progress your career
- Generous mileage and travel premiums
- We provide all the tools you need including software licenses
- Extensive training program is provided
- Great team culture – we are certified as a Best Place to Work and Best Workplace for Professional Services in Canada since 2021!
- Perform 3D Laser Scanning surveys in the field (interior and exterior of structures)
- Be able to register, process and evaluate point cloud datasets in the office and preliminary scan data on-site
- Be able to create sketches in CAD
- Communicate effectively with field and office staff about all aspects of the project
- Role is 75% field work and 25% office
- Travel nationally and internationally at least 50% of the time
- Work without direct day-to-day supervision and make quick decisions (in the field and office) for assigned projects within specified limits of authority
- Adhere to safety procedures and proper use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. and be on feet for long periods of time
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Training will be provided, experience using laser scanning or survey equipment would be an asset but is not necessary
- Successful candidate should possess a college-level diploma or hold a University Degree in Geomatics, Civil Engineering, Architectural Technology or related discipline
- Knowledge of computer programming would be an asset – python or Linux based operating systems
- Must have a positive attitude, be committed to delivering great customer service and willing to take on any challenge
- Must be able to work quickly and accurately while adhering to Planit and client standards, and have strong attention to detail as well as great organization skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to access to an insured vehicle
- Must be open to travel
- Close proximity to the office would be an asset, you will be required to come in to the office frequently
This is not your standard scanning role – here is why…We are a value driven company – we live and breathe our values:
Inventive and Innovative
We always ask “Is there a better way” (to perform our jobs and to help our clients). We encourage our teams to try new ideas, processes, and tools to ensure that we stay on the forefront of our evolving industry. This environment isn’t for everyone… you have to be naturally inquisitive and embrace change.
From Nunavut to Beverly Hills or Banff to Miami, our staff loves the opportunity to see new places, try cool new technologies and work on some of North America’s most iconic buildings. Outside of work, our team enjoys sharing personal adventures like posting the route of a grueling bike ride, the results of trying a new BBQ recipe or meeting up in an online game.
We leverage our years of experience to get to the root of a challenge so that we can clearly define a statement of work. We are laser focused on bringing clarity to complex problems.
Structure and Reliability
All of this innovation, change, and adventure is supported by a rock solid team that stands behind one another and our services. We have systems, processes, and leadership that empower employees and fosters growth.
More About Planit Measuring:
Planit is a rapidly expanding engineering firm with its Canadian head office located in Oakville, Ontario. We specialize in measuring and point cloud scanning existing buildings, developing digital floor plans and BIM and, professionally certifying area calculations. Planit has been recognized as an innovation leader by the National Research Council, has won awards for its patent-pending technology and is focused on providing excellent customer service and product quality for our clients, including Autodesk, NASA, The Trump Organization and Johnson Controls. Our knowledgeable and dedicated employees are what make Planit so successful and we are looking to add to our dynamic team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to build diverse teams that reflect the community. We encourage applications from underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans and people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any part of the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be pleased to facilitate that for you.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org