We have an exciting opportunity for an AutoCAD Specialist to work with us. We’re looking for a unique individual who will be our AutoCAD “guru” to develop standards and best practices to maximize efficiency while supporting our innovative culture.
Why join our team?
- Competitive compensation
- Medical and dental benefits
- Lots of opportunity to progress your career
- Generous mileage and travel premiums
- We provide all the tools you need including CAD licenses
- Extensive training program is provided
- Great team culture – we are certified as a Best Place to Work and Best Workplace for Professional Services in Canada in 2021!
- Develop company CAD Standards, including object libraries for use with Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture.
- Customization and configuration of AutoCAD Architectural environment for maximum workflow efficiency.
- Automation of workflows using LISPs and Planit proprietary software
- Efficiently develop or edit as-built digital documentation (floor plans, reflected ceiling plans, furniture plans, elevations, etc.), from site collected measurements and CAD sketches.
- Training team members in advanced use of AutoCAD software and collaboration tools, documentation coordination workflows
- Quality control and drawing review.
- Area analysis using BOMA standards.
- Research and development. Providing CAD expertise for the development of Planit proprietary AutoCAD Architecture-based software and maintaining knowledge base.
- Maintain and improve on knowledge of drafting techniques, standards, practices, and engineering procedures.
- Advanced skill set in using Autodesk AutoCAD/AutoCAD Architectural. Standard automation, LISP, Data Extraction, project management in AutoCAD Architectural.
- 5+ years AutoCAD and technical drafting experience.
- In-depth knowledge of architectural documentation presentation standards.
- Graduate from an accredited college program in Civil Engineering Technology, CAD Technology, or from a career college in Engineering CAD / BIM Technology
- Excellent time management skills, setting priorities, to complete deliverables on time
- Self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills to understand what tasks are required to deliver projects and assignments successfully, as well as solving technical challenges while developing new workflows.
- Genuine interest to develop and progress digital delivery with a propensity for learning.
The following additional attributes are preferred:
- Strong written and communication skills
- Confident and positive attitude
- Experience working with point clouds
- Experience with CAFM systems
- As-built experience
This is not your standard engineering role – here is why…We are a value driven company – we live and breathe our values:
- Inventive and Innovative
- We always ask “Is there a better way” (to perform our jobs and to help our clients). We encourage our teams to try new ideas, processes, and tools to ensure that we stay on the forefront of our evolving industry. This environment isn’t for everyone… you have to be naturally inquisitive and embrace change.
- From Nunavut to Beverly Hills or Banff to Miami, our staff loves the opportunity to see new places, try cool new technologies and work on some of North America’s most iconic buildings. Outside of work, our team enjoys sharing personal adventures like posting the route of a grueling bike ride, the results of trying a new BBQ recipe or meeting up in an online game.
- We leverage our years of experience to get to the root of a challenge so that we can clearly define a statement of work. We are laser focused on bringing clarity to complex problems.
- Structure and Reliability
- All of this innovation, change, and adventure is supported by a rock solid team that stands behind one another and our services. We have systems, processes, and leadership that empower employees and fosters growth.
- About Planit Measuring:
- Planit is a rapidly expanding engineering firm with its Canadian head office located in Oakville, Ontario. We specialize in measuring and point cloud scanning existing buildings, developing digital floor plans and BIM and, professionally certifying area calculations. Planit has been recognized as an innovation leader by the National Research Council, has won awards for its patent-pending technology and is focused on providing excellent customer service and product quality for our clients, including Autodesk, NASA, The Trump Organization and Johnson Controls. Our knowledgeable and dedicated employees are what make Planit so successful and we are looking to add to our dynamic team.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to build diverse teams that reflect the community. We encourage applications from underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans and people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any part of the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be pleased to facilitate that for you.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org