Location: Oakville, Ontario
The Accounting Manager is responsible for Planit’s internal accounting and bookkeeping functions in close liaison with our external accounting firm and CFO. The role demands a detail-oriented, energetic, and positive self-starter that enjoys working with a high-performance and growing management team.
Roles And Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the company is up-to-date with respect to tax filings including HST, CPP, EI, EHT, etc.
- Use spreadsheets/models to assist in the management of budgets, cash flow and other key metrics;
- Reconcile bank accounts, credit cards, AR, AP, etc. on a monthly basis;
- Oversee the setup of and make general entries into the company’s accounting and CRM systems;
- Be the company’s liaison with our clients’ billing contacts and select suppliers;
- As the company grows, hire and train other staff to take on more junior bookkeeping functions;
- Complete payroll entries, ROEs and prepare for senior management to review;
- Manage job costing, margin analysis and the calculation of sales commissions;
- Develop procedures for and oversee employee expense claims including processing of reimbursements;
- Monitor available software to ensure that all accounting and banking functions are being performed using the most accurate and cost-effective means;
- Collaborate with other departments and key external partners on various projects and day-to-day tasks.
Skills / Qualifications / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or a related field or equivalent training and experience;
- An accounting designation is considered an asset;
- Experience with mandatory CRA monthly filings and remittances;
- Previous experience dealing with customers/suppliers for accounts receivable and payable;
- Very proficient in Excel;
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks, TSheets, Expensify, Method CRM, Hubdoc products and third-party payroll systems would be a definite asset;
- A proven ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment to achieve positive results;
- Demonstrates Planit’s core values and culture and leads by example internally and externally.
About PLANiT Measuring:
Planit has been delivering digital solutions to the real estate and architecture, engineering and construction industries for over 25 years. We have received innovation awards from the National Research Council of Canada and the Toronto Construction Association and have worked with industry leaders such as Autodesk to help develop new ways to design, build and manage buildings better than ever before. One of our core values (and our motto) is “raise the standard” in everything we do for our clients, our employees and our community. This level of service and innovation is paying off and Planit is experiencing tremendous growth. We are currently looking for energetic people to join our team.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.